- State CNPS Covers all CNPS activities and has a wealth of information and links plus CNPS membership application.
- Nature in the City - San Francisco organization whose focus is people and nature in the urban environment - well organized, extensive information and links.
- San Francisco Natural Areas Program Volunteer Sites - Scroll to the bottom of the page to learn about how to volunteer.
- California Invasive Plant Council (CAL-IPC) Resource on invasive weeds.
- CNPS Inventory of Rare and Endangered Plants
- California Audubon - An excellent resource covering current environmental issues and pending legislation. Also contains information on the legislative process and how to communicate with members of congress and state legislators.
- Native Plant Conservation Campaign - Alliance resource on the importance of Native Plants. Save Plants brochure.
- Native Habitats - Somewhat dated reference website with hundreds of links and addresses of organizations concerned with the environment, habitat restoration, invasive exotics, volunteer projects etc.
- Native Plant Conservation Campaign - Alliance of native plant societies that promotes the conservation of native plants and their habitats through collaboration,education and advocacy. See Save Native Plants.
- Gardening With Natives - An off-shoot of the Santa Clara Valley CNPS Chapter. Lots of information and resources including page of native plant nurseries in the SF Bay Area.
- SF Natural Areas - This site is for, by, and about the volunteers who work to preserve and protect the remnant habitats within San Francisco.
Other San Francisco Bay Area Chapters
- Blazing Star, Santa Clara Valley Chapter,CNPS
- East Bay chapter, CNPS
- Marin Chapter, CNPS
- Milo Baker, Sonoma County Chapter, CNPS
- Napa Valley Chapter, CNPS
- Willis L. Jepson, Solano County Chapter, CNPS
Native Plant Nurseries
- Bay Natives Nursery
- Go Native (wholesale)
- Mission Blue Nursery at San Bruno Mountain Watch
- Sutro Stewards Native Plant Nursery
Local Conservation Organizations
- Golden Gate Biosphere Reserve - Map of natural areas, sanctuaries, preserves.
- Santa Cruz Mountains Bioregional Council San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Cruz counties and the western part of Santa Clara County
- Sutro Stewards - Dedicated to creating urban recreational opportunities while practicing sustainable habitat conservation through stewardship.
- Green Belt Alliance - Bay Area's leading land conservation and urban planning non-profit dedicated to protecting open space. Wide range of activities.
- The Jepson Herbarium Public Programs - U.C . Berkeley's herbarium - workshops and classes on Botanical and Ecological subjects
- Bay Nature Magazine: - Excellent website of the beautiful new magazine dedicated to the "intelligent exploration of the natural places of the SF Bay Area ".
- Nature in the City - SF based organization whose focus is people and nature in the urban environment - well organized, extensive information and links.
- San Francisco Parks Alliance - a coalition of over 100 community-based park groups - actively involved in improving and restoring neighborhood parks in SF.
- San Francisco Recreation and Parks Department - San Francisco City government agency managing and maintaining parks.
Local Natural Areas
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area
- Oak Woodlands in Golden Gate Park
- Lobos Creek Dunes and Valley, San Francisco Presidio
- Edgehill Mountain Open Space Park
- Heron's Head Park Model wetland restoration and education center.
- San Francisco Botanical Garden
- San Bruno Mountain Watch Brisbane, CA
- Montara Mountain and plants found in this San Mateo site.
- Friends of Edgewood Natural Preserve Redwood City, CA
- Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge in the South Bay
Wildflowers - Viewing and Identification
- Cal Photos: Plants - Part of the U.C. Berkeley digital library with over 29,000 images, easy to search and use; great help in identifying plants.
- Jepson Online Interchange - The latest information on identification, taxonomy, distribution, ecology, and diversity of California vascular plants.
- California Wildflowers, California Academy of Sciences - Over 350 beautiful photos of native wildflowers with information on each. Well designed, easy to use.
- San Francisco Presidio's Rare Plants - good pictures, information.
- California Wildflower Hot Sheet - Current updates on where the wildflowers are blooming.
- Vernal Pool Flowers - - Beautiful photos and information on vernal pool plants. Part of an excellent watershed education website.
- Community Thrift Chapter Benefits – As a registered beneficiary, our chapter receives the proceeds from sales of your no-longer-needed goods. Drop off your recycled items (clean clothing, jewelry, household goods, books, art, collectibles, new toys, electronics, and more). Open seven days a week from 10 am to 5 pm at Community Thrift, 623 Valencia Street, and ask that they be credited to CNPS Yerba Buena Chapter. The best route for drop-off is from Mission Street. Turn west on Sycamore, a small alley between 17th and 18th Streets. The loading dock will be on your right before you reach Valencia and the nice people there will receive your donations. Thanks to everyone who continues to contribute to the chapter through this worthwhile program, which puts a whole new perspective on recycling!
- Cole Hardware Chapter Benefits – Purchases at Cole Hardware continue to benefit our chapter. When shopping at Cole Hardware stores, please tell the cashier to credit #1424. When you do so, Cole Hardware will donate 10% of your total purchase to the CNPS Yerba Buena Chapter. Every purchase helps!